The Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (PASPA) was judicially overturned on May 14, 2018, and with the four-year anniversary of the decision approaching, SportsHandle.com today has launched a first-of-its-kind tracker with more than 250 sports betting partnerships formed since the initial ruling.
A leading source for information on sports betting legalization in the United States, SportsHandle.com has created the go-to-resource to monitor all sports betting partnerships across professional sports leagues, teams, colleges, sports venues, athletes, celebrities, and more.
Accessible under SportsHandle.com’s drop-down menu under “Tools,” the Sports Betting Partnership Tracker lists all agreements involving U.S. sportsbooks and sports entities. To date, 29 sportsbooks have entered into at least one partnership.
SportsHandle.com’s Sports Betting Partnership Tracker will be updated regularly with the latest agreements. As of today, the following number of partnerships exist in each of the below categories:
- 133 – Professional sports teams
- 50 – Professional sports leagues
- 36 – Celebrity endorsers
- 18 – Sports venues
- 15 – Media properties or companies
- 4 – Colleges and universities
Additional noteworthy statistics in Sports Handle’s Sports Betting Partnership Tracker include:
- 37 – Partnerships are the most by any one sportsbook (Caesars and DraftKings are tied)
- 24 – Individual DraftKings’ deals with pro sports teams (most of any sportsbook)
- 22 – League with most individual teams partnered with a sportsbook (NBA), followed by the NFL (18), NHL (16) and MLB (11)
- 2 – Sportsbooks have entered partnerships with major colleges and universities (Caesars and PointsBet)
- 1 – Sportsbook has at least one team partnership in the MLB, MLS, NBA, NFL, NHL and WNBA (FanDuel)
“The sports betting landscape is constantly evolving, and we are proud to unveil this all-encompassing resource that provides the most up-to-date partnership and sponsorship information in one convenient location,” said Brett Smiley, Co-Founder and Editor-In-Chief at SportsHandle.com. “Although there are currently more than 250 sports betting sponsorships, new partnerships and categories are being established on a weekly, if not daily, basis. We look forward to maintaining the most robust database for this information on the internet and we are extremely proud of the Sports Handle editorial and research team for making this valuable resource a reality.”