Lincoln Riley bolted Oklahoma for the sun at USC. Brian Kelly left Notre Dame and added a southern accent at LSU. Pat McAfee? He is staying with FanDuel!
FanDuel Group got its man today, reaching a multi-year agreement with Pat McAfee Inc. (PMI), keeping the sports media industry’s fastest-growing star an exclusive partner of America’s #1 Sportsbook. The agreement represents a significant expansion of its previous deal and includes a formalized content partnership.
Highlights of the new agreement:
- FanDuel will remain the official sportsbook of PMI and the Pat McAfee Show with the two companies continuing to deepen and evolve the integration of odds boosts and other promotions across PMI platforms
- FanDuel and the entire team at PMI will attempt to create new shows/segments that are considered above average beyond the daily show content.
- Expanded co-branded big brain ideas, and customer promotions such as the first ever crowd sourced Spread the Love campaign
- Pat McAfee and FanDuel will create a series of annual special edition shows supporting tentpole events (ex. FanDuel NFL Draft Spectacular)
- Development of “epic” live events tour including “on-the-road” shows throughout the year
- McAfee and his team to support FanDuel during new state launches
FanDuel will be investing in PMI’s content development capabilities including a new campus/complex to support its production efforts. This includes the naming and branding rights for the soon to be redesigned live studio for the Pat McAfee Show. The new complex will be known as “The FanDuel Igloo” and will house production studios, a lounge, basketball court and golf simulator.
“Simply put, Pat McAfee is the sports media industry’s fastest growing star and we’re thrilled to deepen our relationship with him as our exclusive partner,” said Mike Raffensperger Chief Marketing Officer, FanDuel Group. “Pat and his team champion the FanDuel brand and together we’ve developed groundbreaking content experiences for his audience and our customers alike. Of course, Pat isn’t just our best marketing partner, he’s also one of our best customers so we expect he will give us some of the money back!”
“This new deal with FanDuel will afford us the opportunity to take things to a different level,” said McAfee. “We are incredibly lucky the exclusive Sportsbook of our show remains the #1 Sportsbook in America. I’m excited for the future. With that being said, we still plan on taking every dollar FanDuel has with our Super Boosts, Hammer DAHN picks, and AJ Hawk’s big brain.”
FanDuel and PMI have been working together for several years and the Pat McAfee Show has become the gold standard of how to effectively integrate and deliver live odds and sports betting insights and commentary. Whether it’s branded McAfee odds boosts, enhanced odds or other special promotions the partnership between PMI and FanDuel has fueled a content genre that is now emulated but rarely duplicated across the sports media landscape.
image: credit Flickr/Angie Six